Friends-of-roamers: we feel you. With Christmas can come the anxiety of not knowing what to get for the adventurer in your life – that also won't add clutter to their already-small space. These gifts for RV owners pack a punch and don't take up space:
1. You know it's coming, so let's get the self-promotion out of the way, shall we? Nothing says you care like supporting someone's passion in a uniquely thoughtful way. So while you can't buy a Roamly Insurance policy for someone else (we wish), you can put together a sweet IOU – include a check and print out a Roamly gift card to go with it, or make your own! You're supporting your loved one's sense of adventure, while going the extra mile to cater it to their RVing lifestyle.
2. A membership to Boondockers Welcome. This ultra-handy site helps RVers find folks with extra driveway space. You're helping your RV owner support local businesses, get to know the locals while they're on the road, and save some serious cash.
3. To help your vanlifer keep fresh veggies stocked while on the road, consider these options: for under $100, an Aerogarden saves space, adds color, and only takes water and the liquid fertilizer that comes included. Or consider a sweet and simple tomato & strawberry hanging planter – go the extra mile and order some soil and seedlings to save them the work of getting their space-saving garden up and running. And finally, these window-planters from Okidome act as decor, sustenance, and add some privacy.
4. RVs have less space for waste, and for the sustainability-minded traveler compost bins can be tough to track down. Lomi is this year's coolest compost innovation, and is counter-top sized to boot.
5. Some RV owners name their camper, or even come up with a logo to brand it – if yours is one of them, that opens up a whole world of fun personalized items you could have printed. There's a slew of makers on Etsy ready to make branded gifts like tin travel mugs, or go to the pros at StickerMule for a vinyl cling that will brand their rig without adhesive. If they don't have a name and logo? Contact an Etsy maker and ask about gift certificates for when they do, or set up a Fiverr/Upwork designer to help get one started.
What would you add to the list? Let us know by commenting our Facebook page or Instagram feed.
Did you know you could save an average of 25% compared to other insurance companies by getting a comprehensive plan with Roamly? This insurance company was created by passionate RV owners,so they know exactly the type of coverage you need for your RV. No more paying for expensive features you don’t need.
Additionally, Roamly doesn’t stop covering your RV if you decide you want to rent it out on peer-to-peer networks like Outdoorsy. That means you can make extra money when you’re not using your RV.